- New Products
- Schedule 40 PVC
- Special Piping Components
- Schedule 80 PVC Gray
- PVC Insert Fittings
- Swing Joints
- PVC Valves
- Schedule 80 CPVC
- CPVC Copper Tube Size
- UVR Fittings
- BSPT Fittings
- Valve Boxes
- Flexible Couplings
- Monkey Fingers Adjustable Bungee
- Soccer Goal Kit
- i-Fuse Solvent Cements & Primers
ASTM Fitting StandardsSchedule 40 and 80 solvent weld and threaded fitting specifications
Schedule 40 and 80 solvent weld and threaded fittings are covered by the following ASTM Standard Specifications:
- D2464 - Threaded Poly (Vinyl Chloride)(PVC) Plastic Pipe Fittings, Schedule80.
- D2466 - Poly (Vinyl Chloride)(PVC) Plastic Pipe Fittings, Schedule 40
- D2467 - Socket-Type Poly (Vinyl Chloride)(PVC) Plastic Pipe Fittings, Schedule 80.
These Standards deal mainly with workmanship, materials, dimensions, tolerances and testing. There are no pressure ratings for PVC fittings in these ASTM Standards. The only pressure references are for burst pressure. The Standards even state that the burst pressures are used "only as an indication of quality" and "do not imply rated working pressures."
"Designing, Operating and Maintaining Piping Systems Using PVC Fittings" Ron Bliesner, February 3, 1987